Saturday, March 19, 2011

Water Filters! Water Filters! Oh my!


Featured in the latest edition of My Journey to Laos newsletter, which exclusively focuses on the subject of water filters, this image reveals dozens of these units awaiting distribution in front of the schoolhouse in the village of Pha Yong. Located on the north side of Nam Ou River near the village of Muong Ngoi, which lies northeast of Luang Prabang, Pha Yong  was one of three villages to receive a portion of the 202 water filters distributed by Adopt a Village in Laos this past season.

On March 9, 2011, I received an email from my friend, Steve Rutledge, president of Adopt a Village in Laos, with an update about some of the projects for next season. One of them was, of course, for water filters. According to his estimates, he will likely need at least 500 water filters!

Since December 19, 2010, I have been collecting donations specifically for water filters. To date (March 18, 2011), I have secured at least 15 such donations. If Steve's estimates are accurate, that means we have only 485 units to go. I think we can manage that.

No comments:

Post a Comment