Sunday, September 11, 2011

Raising Awareness at Cabbagetown Festival

Left of centre is Ellen Michelson, former Green Party candidate,
who attended one of my presentations earlier this year.

Yesterday, while spending most of the day volunteering at the Green Party table at the Cabbagetown Festival, a neighbourhood street fair held at the beginning of September in Toronto, Ontario, I took the opportunity to raise awareness for Adopt a Village in Laos. Sharing the table with campaign literature for an upcoming provincial election, I set up my small Adopt a Village in Laos display and then interacted with passersby whenever I could. Overall, the day proved to be a great success in terms of exposure and responses from people.

Ever since the first Green Party member, Ellen Michelson, attended one of my presentations earlier this year, an informal relationship has been gradually establishing itself. An awareness of my volunteer work with Adopt a Village in Laos and with the organization itself have slowly been evolving and permeating through this political party, with much of that awareness largely concentrated at the local level right now. My work with and the work of Adopt a Village in Laos are of great interest to this political party because they both strongly reflect one of its most basic tenets: doing social good.

No comments:

Post a Comment