Thursday, November 18, 2010

Making Connections

Yesterday while I was checking the stats on my blog, I noticed that I had a visitor from Laos. I wondered if it might be Steve, so I emailed him. Later that same day, I received a reply in which he said that indeed it was him. He had been showing my blog to a colleague at one of his meetings.

Being the curious guy that I am, I replied to this email and asked Steve how did this person react to seeing my blog. A short time later he replied (and I quote):


Quite frankly, the guy was a bit overwhelmed - actually he was a lot overwhelmed.  He had no idea just how much work so many people are putting into making Laos a better place for its people.

Inside, I smiled. Even though I wasn't able to be there physically, I was still making an impression on and connecting with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment