Monday, May 30, 2011

Chapters Indigo Venue Proposal

On April 24, I sent off an email to Chapters Indigo to ask if it was possible for Adopt a Village in Laos to conduct a presentation at one of their locations, specifically the store near Yonge and Bloor. This particular location is central and convenient to access in a number of ways. Because of the high volume of customer traffic through this location, I thought that this would be an ideal arena for Adopt a Village in Laos to gain much needed visibility, particularly here in Toronto. Within 24 hours I received a reply requesting that I get in touch with my local store directly. Not wasting any time, I did just that.

On the evening of Monday, April 25, I met with that location's events coordinator. While the meeting was brief, I did provide a concise overview about this humanitarian organization. I left some literature with him which he could present to his superiors for consideration. Before the meeting ended, he recommended that I submit a proposal to state exactly what the organization's intentions were. That week I drafted a proposal and submitted it via email to the events coordinator on May 2, which he, in turn, forwarded to the general manager.

For the next couple of weeks, it was a game email and phone tag of trying find out if my proposal had been accepted. Finally on May 26, I briefly met with the general manager to discuss my proposal in person. During the meeting, she mentioned that to help advertise the event Chapters Indigo would use their Facebook and Twitter feeds to get the message out. When the meeting ended, she was highly optimistic that approval would be granted. She simply needed to confer with her regional manager.

On May 30, I emailed the general manager to see if there had been any updates. Within moments of sending out that email, I received a reply from her indicating that my proposal had been officially approved. But some details still needed to be finalized before selecting an actual day and time to host the presentation. I immediately emailed Steve Rutledge with the good news. For the next part of this process, it would directly involve Steve himself

It will be interesting to see how this next chapter plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment