Monday, November 21, 2011

Email to Andrew

This evening I received an email from Steve Rutledge in which he thanked my friend, Andrew Reyes, for his water filter donation. Photos of the receiving families were attached.
Hi Andrew, 
I hope all is well with you these days.  In Luang Prabang the cool season has arrived and although still warm during the day, the villages are quite cool at night (low of about 12 degrees).  It may not seem like much for us but without heat and with a breeze in the air, it is quite cool. 
We are pleased that we are able to attach pictures of the two families you purchased a water filter for. You will note that one of the families is very young - I think his wife was preparing Bacci for us.  The other picture of the mother and child were without the father for the picture because he was in the fields harvesting their rice - it was a bumper crop this year too. 
Internet has been very slow these days and the uploads are taking forever so I will do my best. 
Anyway please take care and enjoy the pictures.  You have done a lot for these families!!! 

Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment