Friday, November 11, 2011

Meal Replacement Bars


Since I may not be eating as regularly as I should while venturing through the rural regions of Laos, one of the few remaining items which I still needed for my trip was some sort of nutritious bar. Yesterday, one of my friends took me to a store he normally visits to see what we could find.

As I was perusing the bars, I had to keep in mind one of the things that Steve Rutledge had noted in his list - don't bring anything that contains chocolate. Basically, chocolate doesn't travel well and will simply melt. Most of the bars I encountered contained chocolate in some form, either incorporated into or coating the bar itself.

Eventually, I did find a couple of bars which didn't contain chocolate and decided to take both kinds for variety. One bar was basically a mix of different berries and the other was a mix of oatmeal and peanut butter. Yum!

I purchased enough bars to last me for about three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment